Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: September 26th 2022 9:20am until 3:30pm
Monday 26th September 2022
09:20 to 15:30
Maxcourse ID: DT024
About the course
This session aims to explore education theory, learning needs analysis, learning outcomes, constructive alignment and provide time to desighn an effectiev teaching session.
There will be an opportunity to look at different teaching strategies and modalities to understand the relative strengths, challenges, and opportunities to develop a full set of tools as an educator.
By the end of today you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of adult learning
- Understand how to adapt your teaching to different learners, methods and situations
- Formulate useful learning objectives and suggest ways in which they might be addressed
- Evaluate different ways of dealing with teaching challenges
- Describe the roles of Educational & Clinical Supervisors
- Demonstrate the ability to give constructive educational feedback
- Consider how to cultivate a positive learning environment by role-modelling good professional behaviours
Booking for these courses will be taken on MaxCourse, our online booking system.
Information about how to use MaxCourse can be found on our website.
Please email FacultyDevelopment.SW@hee.nhs.uk with any questions, before and on the day.